Sunday 9 June 2013

Only Thursday

Moored in Shardlow for the night. Historic village full of canal nostalgia. The New Inn garden was full of tattoo's and builders cleavage's so we opted to eat in the Malt Shovel nearby. When I asked the girl behind the bar for a table for three she looked at me as if I had just escaped from a loony bin and said, "We only do food on Thursdays". As today is Saturday We opted for the Clock Warehouse near bridge 3 which is a converted canal warehouse full of memorabilia and wonderful food. highly recommended.
Truly full and knackered we staggered back to Tardis Two for an early night.  I spent the whole day at the tiller through Zouch, Normanton on Soar, Kegworth, Ratcliffe on Soar and Sawley locks ( manned and electronic) near the river Derwent entrance. I feel pretty good and seem to have avoided fits for the past two weeks, although I had a hypo (low blood sugar) early morning Wednesday, totally my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment