Saturday 28 February 2015

Post euphoria thoughts

Yesterday was sunny and relatively warm, in a wintery sort of way. Apart from cat duties and hoovering I had little to do, so chose to go walking as usual, except I chose to explore a footpath I had seen previously, apparently heading north towards Bradgate park. The first 100 yards had a Tarmac surface but thereafter deteriorated into a very muddy dirt track, not ideal for tackling in trainers, but I soldiered on regardless until I came across a style and an offshoot through a wood, much less muddy and to the rear of a large secondary school. My adventurous spirit took over and within half an hour I had reached a dead end, necessitating retracing my steps and heading home before exhaustion could set in. During my travels I had ample time to recycle my earlier post-euphoria thoughts regarding future rowing and/or bowling returns. Bowling is a distinct possibility as it has only minor safety issues for me, whilst rowing poses more problems, even when wearing a life jacket. Once in the boat, no problem, but getting in and out would be a nightmare and extremely dangerous for me and the rest of the crew. We have a shower at home, but when we stay with friends or family I find it difficult getting in and out of a bath, which is higher and far more stable than a sculling boat, without the hazard of surrounding deep and cold flowing water. So unless my new rowing club has a winch and/or Jeremy Kyle show security beefcakes as members, bowling seems the safer option, pending further physical improvement.
My hips are less of a problem lately, which is encouraging, and mentally all seems ok. Arsenal committing football suicide in the  European championship, at home  against inferior opposition would have had me searching for a noose a few weeks ago, but not now. Managing to lose 3 - 1 in the first leg against the football equivalent of sloths leaves little hope of further progression to the final, but hey-ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment