Thursday 19 May 2016

The full Monty

Yesterday turned into an unexpected social whirl.from Gatwick to Tolworth Bowl, Mark's for a chat and coffee,Tom's for lunch then to Kingston Grammar School Boat club for a glass of champagne and slice of Gerry's 60th birthday cake, followed by a "session" in the "Old swan",just like the old days, bringing back many happy memories. I was stunned at my welcome,flabbergasted in fact, strengthening my resolve to return once a little fitter. Several members offered to take me out for a gentle workout and I promised to take them up on their offer. Heartwarming stuff and altogether a very rewarding day, especially given the social whirl in which I was unexpectantly embroiled. Once again I am indebted to Lynne for the taxi service. A brighter future beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment