Monday 4 February 2013

Rockin' Rhino

Extremely windy today but with sunshine, so no complaints from me. The same cannot be said for the rhino I suspect. We (the royal "we") have made a decision regarding the boat blinds. Having considered having roman blinds made and fitted (very expensive), buying material and making/fitting them ourselves (long-winded and still relatively expensive) we are back to square one......venetian from B&Q fitted by MCC. Not our preferred option by any means, but practical and within our budget. I had one of those song stuck in my head days yesterday. This time it was "Do you know the way to San Jose by Dionne Warwick, God knows why 'cause I hate it. Anyway,it got me thinking of songs to play whilst cruising (not recommended as we're supposed to quietly blend into the countryside) but hey-ho. My best idea was the Tea for the Tillerman album (Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam 1970) Sailing (Rod Stewart)The boat that I row (Lulu) When the boat comes in (trad folk song)My heart will go on( theme from Titanic by Celine Dion 2009)and Raindrops keep falling on my head(B.J. Thomas 1970) YMCA by Village people.( you're all asking what the hell does that have to do with boats, apart from one of the group being a gay captain?). A couple of years ago I took part in a sponsored row with Kingston Grammar school rowing club raising money for a new boathouse and Cancer Research. I was in an old fogey's mixed eight which was accompanied over the entire 80 miles down the River Thames by a very attractive schoolgirl eight who sang YMCA, with all the actions, in every lock. sometimes with at least one of the girls standing up in the boat(not recommended).They were still singing at the finish after 80 miles and two days of rowing, which was more than I could do. I'll add some more tunes to the list as and when I think of them. Healthwise I've had a very good week or more. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment