Thursday 10 July 2014

11 Months of hell ends

A very early start to a very long and eventful day. A perfect red sunset ended a near-perfect long day.
Between we arrived early for my appointment after battling past a frightening vehicle fire on the M25, plus the Royal Marsden car park being full and closed. A kindly attendant allowed us in and allocated an "illegal" space for us. It was then we discovered my clinic was running 2 hours late. Yet another especially large blood test filled some of our waiting time ( another empty arm ). 
Eventually my consultant appeared to announce the blood tests and scans showed there is no link to cancer in my body ( with the exception of my brain tumour, of course ) and I could therefore get on with my life. My ordeal has stolen over 11 months of my life, but I am determined not to let this NHS farce spoil the remainder.
We have a funeral to attend on 17th July, our 26th wedding anniversary on 16th and some local unimportant GP/hospital appointments on the 18th , after which we we fully intend using the boat continuously for the next 3 months at least. 
 To say I am ecstatic would be an understatement. 
A GREAT DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment