Wednesday 30 July 2014

Cat report and other razzle dazzle

Needless to say Phoebe and Sadie have settled back on the boat as if they had never been away, but their adventures ashore occur during the day and are closely monitored. The Staffordshire mouse population is now considerably reduced.  
I started the day in shirt, sweater, trackies and socks/trainers, reflecting the sudden change in the weather . However, by lunchtime I was back in shorts, tee shirt and sandals as the sun broke through the clouds, just in time for our passage through 14 locks ( yes, 14 ).
Eventually we moored in Wheelock for a fantastic, and thoroughly deserved, fish and chip supper at £3 each. 
I have enjoyed a couple of lucky days. Lynne managed to boil the kettle dry, changing it's shape and colour ( she forgot to put the whistle spout on ). Nothing was said but I thanked god it had not been my fault as life would not have been worth living. Anything for a quiet life and the kettle still works, albeit in different shades and a different shape. At least I have solved the problem of Lynne's birthday present this year. 
Similarly a dreadful fates awaited one of our boat plate set and our old windlass ( the one that broke my leg ),with the same result as far as I was concerned. ( table presents? ). I am not a religious person but this thanking god phase has been good to me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment