Thursday 5 September 2013

Brilliant or Bonkers?

I have often stated how thin the line is between being brilliant and bonkers. Last night I was thinking ( as you do ) into which category famous people fit. My conclusions were: 
Tony Blair.......both. Bonkers for killing thousands but brilliant for making £millions from it but then again he did marry Cherie.
Spike Milligan........both
Robert Mugabe.......... See Tony Blair, although he didn't marry Cherie.
Hitler.......bonkers

You can argue with the above or play the game with your own nominee's.
As you can see today started misty and beautiful. Canal mornings are quite unique. We aim to get nearer to Chester today where we have arranged to meet our son and two of our granddaughters, which makes this long trip worthwhile. We then head South again for my hospital appointments.
By lunchtime we arrived at our meeting point, the Cheshire Cat pub, and moored facing South next to a "wild" area ideal for the cats.
My love affair with the Shroppie continues. She is warm, cuddly and good fun, just like Barbara Windsor in her early acting days ( don't ask me how I know ) . If you are planning a canal holiday you can do no better than cruising the Shropshire Union and/or Llangollen (pronounced Lan goth Len) canals. The latter we had hoped to do this year but time is running away with us already, but I remember it well.
Healthwise I continue fit-free and generally feeling pretty-much OK, although Lynne reminds me the 3 weekly cycle is due again soon. Apart from a nasty and very itchy rash where I least need it the new drug has yet to show any side-affects, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment