Sunday 8 September 2013

Comfortably crazy

The title is a boat name which caught my eye and memory yesterday. We moored near a very small village called Acton on the Welsh border ( obviously not the London suburb of the same name ).  Yesterday was what I call a stripagram day, hot one minute, cold the next, causing major wardrobe problems. Jumper on, jumper off etc etc. This morning is a definite jumper-on one, but also sunny with a blue sky. We passed the Llangollen canal turnoff very reluctantly, lack of time being the only factor.instead we remain on the Shroppie heading South, our rough calculations indicating we can make it in time for my all-important appointments via this route, thus avoiding yet more days on the Trent and Mersey canal, not one of our favourites.  Time will tell.  Another "healthy" day yesterday which is good news and Tardis Two continues to perform as she should, which is also very good news. Yesterday ended on a low note as I stupidly watched a TV programme on 9/11 and had also stupidly forgotten it was the anniversary of Lynne's brother's death last year. I don't "do" death and have always cried during sad movies, even pre-depression, which stupidly caused me to  mentally list sad movies, for which I apologise.
1) Beaches
2) The mission
3) Dances with wolves
4) Little Big man
5) The notebook
6) Schindlers list
7) Love story
8) The graduate

One of the most joyous days of my life, prior to "owning" Tardis Two, was to be re-united with my long-lost Uncle Fred in Southern France a few years back, until he redrew our family tree, from the Rose coloured one supplied by my aunt, and graphically described the awful early life my mum suffered. Joy and tears that have haunted me since. The poor soul then had a diabetic son. Before the advent of sterile disposable needles and blood sugar testing kits it must have been hell looking after me, on top of frequent hospital visits and umpteen jobs to help make ends meet.
On a brighter note the sun is shining so it is time to cruise South.we passed this horse made from recycled wooden lock gates at Nantwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment