1) the boat electrics got fixed after 3 long years, umpteen battles with Stensen's/MCC and at additional expense to us ( to be recovered via legal action, hopefully ).
2) The Grand Union Canal/ River Trent sampled. The Trent proved to be exciting, the GUC rewarding.
3) Surviving accidents. I managed to fall in twice with minimal injuries ( pride excepted ).
4) discovering Johno at Union Canal Carriers Ltd, Braunston who made sense of our boat electrics, fixed it and eased our stresses.
5) health.I'm still here !!!!!!!!!
1) the weather. Global warming/climate change. Don't make me laugh. The first year I can remember wearing thermal clothing and using central heating in July.
2) the losses of both Phoebe ( stomach cancer ) and Sadie ( blindness and cancer ). Sister cats now reunited in our garden.
3) my health. Apart from being still here , inevitably both physically and mentally a gradual downward slope.