Sunday 12 July 2015

Rainy Bugbrooke

Rain overnight and it's threatening to continue well into the morning. Constant heavy stuff. The only plus point is the canals need it, all complaining of severe water shortages. Even the back-up reservoirs are obviously low, but if this rain continues we will quickly switch to having flood warnings, mark my words.
By midday my patience deserted me and I donned full waterproofs and set off for Weedon Bec where we filled with water, grabbed milk and other essentials just as the rain stopped.
Today was not one of my better days, healthwise, for reasons unknown. I felt constantly tired and was not the best company for Lynne, falling asleep again and again, at very short notice. Late afternoon and early evening remained overcast, dry and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment