Saturday 19 July 2014

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

A bright, sunny and warm morning so were up and ready to go early.Unfortunately Lynne had to retrieve essential forgotten cat items from home so left me checking oil and grease levels on the boat whilst she went. Having had to wait this long already we considered another hour or so would not cause major heartache and we owe it to the cats, who have settled-in as if they have never been away.
Minutes after leaving Lynne was back with a bleeding heel, sound familiar? Apparently the marina security gate caught her heel as she went through. Bearing in mind my experience I instructed her to visit A&E ASAP . Not sure she took my advice but I have to trust she will.

Lynne visited Burton hospital A&E ( something new ) where they cleaned, glued and bandaged the leg cut very efficiently apparently, congratulations to them. Lynne also received a tetanus jab, which is more than I received at Leicester, not that I'm complaining of course (unless I get tetanus later ).
We moored on the Trent and Mersey near Kings Bromley Wharf and Ravenshaw wood, very luckily near a water vole colony. I'll try to get a photo before we leave, but they are very shy so no guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment