Monday 20 April 2015

Stone external body experience

With the boat apparently fixed and working perfectly  two years down the line,I now find the focus of my attention being curing problems with the cat and me. I'm conscious of the fact I am not a vet or a pet physchiatrist so I have little confidence in curing the former, but the latter should, in theory, be a doddle for anyone with my experience and depth of knowledge. Another hypo in the night, taking on board my revised diabetic regime, has left me flummoxed and floundering on the edge of despair and despondency. Last night's  was particularly frightening, an"out of body" experience involving me "dying" of hypothermia. As with most diabetic hypo's these episodes are alarmingly realistic, assisted by the fact Tardis Two was frighteningly cold, as was I. As usual Lynne saved the situation with the help of a calm head, Lucozade and Chocky biscuits, but not before I realised I did not wish to be dead or die of hypothermia, especially on an unfathomable and seemingly endless boating "mission" on a canal I did not wish to be on yet again. It reminds me of my pre-retirement daily commute, not a memory I wish to cherish, dead or alive I Understand plan z is to turn around and return to where we started tomorrow, but I will only believe it when and if it happens. I am told the mission has been a great success. The boat electrics are working as they should have done two years ago and the recently encountered engine overheating problem has been fixed. Furthermore, Karen's boat handling lack of confidence has been addressed and partially conquered. Hey ho.
This morning is very sunny and reasonably warm for a welcome change.
The promising morning turned into a full blown hot summers day and we eventually moored on the canal near Aston Marina, having turned round at Burlaston around lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment