Monday 16 December 2013

Highs and lows

After the highs of being afloat again I suppose it was inevitable lows would follow. Yesterday was a routine radiotherapy day. As usual treatment was on time and without incident. One of the proven siide -effects of Radio and chemo therapies is lethargy and, boy o boy did did I suffer on my return home mid-afternoon. A few hours of sleep had little affect and even tea did little to help. My appetite these days must be on a par with a mouse. We road-tested the menu of a pub near here for our planned family get-together after Christmas ( 11 so far with 2 dissenters ). The pub is very old but has recently had a badly needed change of management and the meals are huge, way beyond my current capacity.  
Our waitress kindly suggested a half portion, which was later charged as a children's meal. It was good but I could only manage half of it. No starter, no dessert.
Throughout all this Lynne manages to cope with everything life throws at her, without complaint. How? 
God only knows. Yesterday I was contemplating how to get myself admitted to hospital in the hope of giving her a break, but the idea never got beyond contemplation.
Another photo oh happier times afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment