Wednesday 11 December 2013

Intergalactic credit reversal

Me and my big mouth again. I received a text message from my hospital this morning telling me my appointment today was 12.45, an hour earlier than my appointment card. Lynne phoned to query the discrepancy and was assured the text time was correct. We rushed to arrive on time and waited four hours in the corridor, popping downstairs for radiotherapy, who kindly fitted me in at short notice. Another few hours later, in the same corridor with loads of similarly suffering patients, we reached the point of no return and Lynne popped to reception and announced we were leaving, which as usual, caused something of a stir. My leg got checked and the chemo tablets will be ready for collection tomorrow. Too many patients, doctor too slow or not having realistic appointment lengths, or sheer incompetence ? I suspect the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment