Friday 1 May 2015

A kick in the teeth

Nature is a strange thing. It lulls you into a false sense of security then suddenly turns and kicks you in the teeth. Luckily my molars are still all in place because I have learned to accept the rough with the smooth regarding fickle nature handouts, even the most cynical she can muster. Why is nature always "she" ?  To explain today's blog I am relating to a close friend who has been making an outstanding and courageous recovery from a variety of cancers, only to learn it has now entered the brain. Not good news. I've shed the odd tear or two in private and I'm struggling to keep it that way, but I have to admit my previous growing confidence in my own recovery has taken a knock, but the foundations remain solid and I aim to keep them that way.
On a brighter note the sun is out and it appears quite pleasant outside. I have still to complete painting our gas bottle bin extension but that will take next to no time as long as the weather holds. Lynne has another visit to the dentist for stronger anti-biotics, then we're off to London for Lynne's essential haircut prior to the start of this year's boating adventure. A ladies hair has to look just right for such a thing, whereas mine is now what you might call "low maintenance".

No comments:

Post a Comment