Sunday 24 May 2015

Soar puns

Yes, you'll be pleased to hear I have run out of Soar puns although technically we are still on it, albeit in the sanctity of the Leicester Marina, of which we had never heard prior to our arrival yesterday. By Way of celebration today they hold their first Open Day, with family events, live bands and an "introduction to boating."  Whatever that means.
I remain convinced these events are not linked to our arrival in any way, but it is a good thought to carry around.
A massive hypo around midnight heralded our first night in the Marina, locked in with no gate lock code to get out or get an ambulance in. We will rectify that problem as soon as the office opens this morning. The hypo was a true "out of body experience" with what's left of my brain grappling the problem of spelling" unspellable "words such as A or O. In addition I was deathly cold, despite the coal fire chucking out heat levels reminiscent of Cuba in mid-tourist season. Lynne, realising paramedic help was off the menu due to the gate lock issue, bravely took on the essential,and often dangerous, task of injecting me with Glucagen,a high-dose glucose boost injection  administered in dire circumstances by qualified diabetic paramedics ( and Lynne). I generally resist this manoeuvre physically and it normally takes 2 paramedics to successfully  complete it, but on this occasion, luckily, I was compliant and Lynne managed it on her own, although I was still freezing cold like a block of ice, remedied by a hot water bottle, my wooly dressing gown and a prolonged cuddle. As my blood sugar levels rose things improved and I woke at 06.45 more or less back to "normal".  since my radiopherapy treatment it seems I have little or no control over my body temperature which can change at a moments notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment