Sunday 26 January 2014

Long distance NHS

The last couple of days has been eventful to say the least. I suffered 3 falls, fortunately with only a grazed knee as evidence, although I guess my stiff neck can also be added. Yesterday was wasted as fuzzy- headedness returned with a vengeance,  so long after my last treatment. Strange but true.    A letter belatedly arrived from the sceptical  leg guy, (shortage of staff ) again stating the operation could kill me or result in amputation. His preferred option is antibiotics for life and treatment for the occasional  infection breakout. Transferring the operation to Stanmore is my obvious preference but may be difficult due to the complexities of the NHS funding system, apparently. My GP, bless her, is currently investigating this but returning to the butcher of Leicester cannot be an option, given his low expertise and confidence in this matter, surely?

No comments:

Post a Comment