Sunday 9 June 2013

Come in number 22

The last day of our Leicester Ring trip. A very cold start and finish, with warmish sun between. Nothing exciting today other than 3 sets of  absolutely awful locks, soon to be reported to the Canal and River Trust. How anyone is expected to conduct a holiday or relaxing boat trip through this crap is beyond me. I know the government and British Waterways miserably failed to maintain or improve Britains waterways for many years, but to lumber CRT ,as a charity, with this rubbish is shameful. I wish them well. On the plus side, things can only get better. I'll reflect on our trip tomorrow, but overall it went well and improved Lynne and my skills and confidence to the point where we can fulfil our dreams of quietly  cruising out the rest of our days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment