Thursday 6 June 2013

Credit crunch

Sublime to the ridiculous. Cloudy and cold today. Shorts and sandals abandoned, replaced by sweaters,socks, jeans and trainers. Apologies for no blog Tuesday and Wednesday, caused by lack of credit on my borrowed dongle. If you are reading this you'll know the dongle recession has been overcome.   Today Lynne took us through the Husbands Bosworth tunnel (slightly over 1mile) and down the extremely daunting Foxton locks ( 10 staircase locks dropping the canal 75 feet). See photo. 
Fortunately there were two lock keepers on hand to advise and instruct, otherwise I hate to imagine what could have happened. We have moored near the Saddington tunnel (881 yds) which is apparently inhabited by bats. We'll tackle that in the morning. The Grand Union is a terrific canal, passing through some stunning countryside. I had always associated it with the traffic of coal and quarry stone from the north to London, but it has transformed itself into a real jewel. Healthwise I am better than I could have prayed for and have been able to take long stints of steering Tardis two, something I feared could never happen given my problems over the past year or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment