Saturday 13 June 2015

Charming Lady & Obnoxious Git

The non-stop rain eventually stopped in time for us to walk to our nearest pub for an evening meal. During the walk we inevitably bumped into two other friendly boaters to share the evening with, which we did. Both meal and company were excellent.
For the first time in ages I had a clear head but it was short-lived, as our basic and easily understood plans were blown to smithereens and replaced by complex and unfathomable ones as innumerable dates and seemingly impossible venues were added to our schedule. My brain went into meltdown and my head became foggy once again, forcing me back to bed for a couple of hours whilst it cleared. Late morning I arose once again to brilliant sunshine and warmth, but I daren't ask what our "latest" plans are for fear of the fog returning. A cup of coffee and onwards and upwards. Ignorance is bliss.
We teamed up with an odd couple to tackle the 7 double locks ahead of us, the nervous lady learning to steer while her obnoxious husband joined me operating the lock gates, whilst being more and more obnoxious as the morning passed. I resisted the temptation to wrap my windlass round his head whilst enjoying the excellent humour and charm of his wife, opposites attract some people say.  We moored for lunch in the middle of nowhere but moved to a more suitable location later for our overnight stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment