Saturday 13 June 2015

Wet,wet, wet & black dreams

It was pouring with rain when we retired to bed and was much the same when we got up, or at least when I got up for the third time before retiring yet again to attempt catching up on lost sleep, caused by dreams of different outcomes of accidents and incidents to family, friends and me throughout my life,  with all worse outcomes than reality. Nightmares? 
I won't list them now but they were in chronological order, factual up until the outcomes - and graphic.
I actually slept peacefully to lunchtime, when it was still raining, with no dreams of any denomination. Very few boats ventured by. It is worth noting the Grand Union seems very quiet, traffic-wise, emphasised by it's great width and ample mooring places. ( The lousy weather giving a false impression, I'm sure ). Scenery is a pleasant mix of undulating arable farmland and "posh" residences, far distant from my premonitions.
Today has been a washout. Rain all afternoon yesterday and overnight, now a wet day. No wonder those scare-mongers changed global warming to climate change, and they are supposedly our top scientific boffins. What hope do we have? 
Today my general mood has further improved, despite being marooned inside a narrowboat with no TV signal, not the most enlightening circumstances. We have booked a local pub meal for tonight, which gives Lynne a break from cooking and us both a change of scenery. Given good weather we will change our outlook and get linked to a TV signal in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment