Sunday 28 June 2015

Lay-in Saturday

A combination if tiredness, following our birthday exertions, and a quiet night combined to make the start of the day 0830, something of a record for us on the boat where anything around 0600 has been normal. It is great to wake refreshed as apposed to needing another night's sleep. Relaxation and the successful completion of a plan making sleep easier to come by. No pressure or expectations. We now have halved the number of secrets to maintain, thankfully, so life should be more relaxing for a while.
It rained all morning but turned into a reasonably summer's day in the afternoon when we got whisked away by Margaret and Bob to visit Ashridge House and Gardens, where I started my horticultural career and education at the age of 15, over 41 years ago. I was relieved to find the huge gardens were still in excellent condition. I managed to suffer a bout of low blood sugar again late afternoon which makes me wonder if my tumour treatment has affected my diabetes control ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment