Thursday 26 February 2015

74 and 88 buses

A rainy day in which I opted for bus travel to and from Leicester Royal Infirmary, or rather a Chinese supermarket adjacent. Many months ago I ran out of a sweet chilli, a particular favourite of mine made by LIngham's in Singapore, readily available in London Chinese supermarkets. However, there is  a distinct shortage of Chinese supermarkets in Leicestershire and therefore no supplies of "my" favourite chilli sauce. On our many trips to the infirmary I noticed what appeared to be a very large supermarket considered likely to sell the aforementioned chilli, literally next door, but could I get Lynne to let me look whilst close by? Could I hell. So my present freedom offered the opportunity of looking, using my free bus pass and a vague idea of the necessary buses to use, plus a little walking as necessary. Would you believe the ruddy Chinese supermarket was a reverse vTardis, large on the outside but tiny on the inside and they did not stock "my" chilli, although I chose a couple of bottles which looked similar, as a compromise? After lunch at a nearby Morrisons  my trip home commensed with the rain having disappeared, although the temperature was dropping fast. Sadie was pleased to see me as it meant she would at least get some supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment