Monday 23 February 2015

Flood plains......er......flooded

The last few days have been consistently wet, resulting in flooded flood plains, not seen for a considerable time. No doubt we will soon have a Met Office announcement proclaiming one of the driest, warmest winters on record. Certainly we are enjoying an early spring with plants way ahead of schedule, but we shall see.
Healthwise I am feeling good, mentally in particular, but it is truly difficult judging physical fitness given my good condition prior to my illness and prolonged mistreatment during it. I do not expect to attain those giddy heights reached during intense rowing training several times per week and competitive bowling once per week, particularly at my increasing age, but it is something to aspire to as long as I don't allow it to frustrate me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment