Wednesday 18 March 2015

Living in a library

The quietness (is that a word?) continues despite my attempts to discuss it, but unfortunately the result is raised voices and, of course, it is all my fault. Women and men apparently communicate in different languages, much of which seems to get lost in translation. As I suspected, my verbalised plans and suggestions to enhance life's enjoyment have been taken as gospel and set in concrete. Yes, I went along with the plan to sell our London home plus buy a small house and a boat in the East Midlands because it appealed to my/our sense of adventure, and overall it has been a great success for me ( with the exception of Leicester hospitals ) but far less so for Lynne, whose original idea it was. She dislikes the boating life and misses friends and work in London. We are committed to getting Tardis Two working as she should and cruising for the summer. In any event we cannot afford mooring fees in the marina summer-long and selling her will not happen overnight, particularly with the electrical problems she has. We have considerable doubts MCC will be able to fix her, given the fact they unwittingly "built in" the problem and have spent the last 3 years trying to blame us, whilst fitting enough switches to rival the National Grid. They have now "accepted" it is caused by electrical "leakage" but with miles of cables and dozens of connections, all hidden under floorboards and in cupboards, locating it will prove difficult I guess, particularly as MCC do not possess a qualified electrician. Selling Tardis Two will free-up some cash for Lynne to return to London, friends and work, me to buy an old "banger car", and to regain my freedom, subject to getting medical clearance for driving once again. I have asked for an alternative plan B.
Apart from being quiet inside, outside it was warm and very sunny, ideal conditions for a spot of gardening. A trip to Primark in Loughborough for swopping some ill-fitting purchases made by Lynne last week and a fruitless visit to B & Q forced us into a visit to our little local garden centre. We still could not find what I wanted, but bought some canes and string, relying on my DIY skills to successfully produce a wig-wam framework for a Clematis support (or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment