Monday 9 March 2015

Reflections

The morning after the evening before I am pleased to report no adverse physical affects of my exertions, which is quite remarkable ,and a massive moral booster, in the circumstances.
Prior to the games Lynne had set me up for a fall by extolling my bowling skills in my previous league days, unfortunately not supported by scores of 47 and 48, easily  beaten by everyone present. No excuses, other than a lack of confidence in my physical ability to bowl and "rustiness".
My bowling ball, however, annoyingly suffered a scratch. Possible causes include; damage during storage in the loft or house removals,alley ball return mechanisms, or more likely the unsupervised actions of a very small girl who arrived with her family as I was changing shoes at the end of our session. To my alarm I observed her pick my 14 lb ball off the return rack and dump it on one of those metal ball launch contraptions supplied by "family friendly" alleys for small children. The ball was half way down the lane before I reacted, far too late.
However, a scratched ball is no big deal compared with the possibility of a hernia, damaged back, broken leg or foot of a small child. The parents should have been more alert and I should have returned my ball to it's bag, but the fact remains I will need to get repairs done in London at some stage to the detriment of my wallet, as we have no definitive proof of who or what caused the damage.
In addition I will need to spend some time on the lanes with my "old" coach prior to joining a league up here in the autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment