Tuesday 10 March 2015

Yet more reflections

My bowling exertions had yet another, and quite miraculous result. Yesterday morning I walked down to the village for a newspaper and immediately realised I was walking  quite fast and "normal" without discomfort, the trait continuing throughout the day. No hip or knee discomfort, total painless mobility. It was as if all my joints, muscles and tendons had miraculously slipped back into place. I can't explain it other than my bowling exertions had freed-up previously restricted parts.
The improvement has been maintained this morning, no doubt helped by Arsenal reaching the FA CUP  semi-final by beating Manchester United 2.1 at Old Trafford last night. They will have to beat Bradford or Reading to reach the final. The second year running?
Tardis Two is being readied for cruising as I write and will then be returned to the original boat-builders for them to complete long-outstanding ( 3 years ) warranty work prior to us disappearing into many sunsets on our summer travels, initially to The city of Lincoln.
To say this has been a good week would be the understatement of my life. I had ( almost ) given up hope of reaching this point, but wish to share my delight with people who have helped me get here.
Lynne (of course), Margaret and Bob, my family and friends, Phoebe and Sadie, Arsenal Football club and the many excellent staff at St. George's hospital and The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital.
I apologise if this is starting to sound like an Oscars acceptance speech, but to me it is.
You will note I have omitted thanking my local hospitals, but this is not to criticise all staff in them. The front-line staff (with very few exceptions) have been great, given the crap admin and management systems they have to endure. As this is a family blog my  verdict on the local top hospitals and consultants will be heavily censored and muted:
###%###***###%%%###%%%###***^^^###%%%###***+++###%###{%}**[%]###¥¥¥¥€€€€#%~.

No comments:

Post a Comment