Monday 21 December 2015

Gist

Having blasted the diabetic consultant for not confirming my scan results prior to going on leave,Lynne received a late night phone call from the hospital saying I now have a gist in my stomach area. According to my research a gist is a small cancerous tumour, easily removed via surgery, but not good news.  
Lynne said this morning she had contacted Santa complaining she had requested humour, not tumour, which even made me smile a little.
Lots happening on the family front, all about relationship issues, so we're playing agony aunts this morning.
The hospital phoned again and the treatment wheels are already in motion, which is encouraging. First thing is an endoscopy, apparently, just to confirm where and what size the tumour is.

No comments:

Post a Comment