Monday 12 January 2015

Leicester by bus or car?

A mildly  breezy, dry start to the day. Lynne needs to swop our new HP printer at John Lewis, as it fails to print on the grade of paper we need it to. A chocolate tea pot stand. Do we go by bus ( free and no car parking problems) or by car with the parking problems and expense but ease of carrying a chunky box around?
We opted to go by car, chiefly because the afternoon threatened to be wet. John Lewis advised talking to Hewlett Packard regarding adjusting the paper settings so we returned home in pouring rain, only to discover the HP printer is unsuitable for our needs following lengthy consultation with their technical team. Back to the drawing board.
Not a good day for me.  My daily walk regime was interrupted  due to heavy and continuous rain between my return from Leicester and darkness.
Sadly,I had to suffer a new "village idiot" moment today, the first for many months and totally uncalled for. During the rainy period I stupidly volunteered to replace the key hooks in the kitchen and, following consultation with Lynne I started the process, only to be silently relegated to apprentice fairly quickly. I was somewhat miffed to say the least. Realisation slowly and belatedly happened, thus avoiding a full-blown heated discussion and eventually a truce settled for the evening, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment