Sunday 25 January 2015

Milestone progress halted ?

I missed posting my blog yesterday as, typical of me, I was getting ahead of myself and,without being told, decided to reign myself in, sit back comfortably and allow the world to catch up. Whilst my mental health peaked and my physical health reached a plateau , Pheobe was heading in the opposite direction, back to being lethargic and not eating or drinking much. A call to the vet confirmed our worst fears. The injection she had received had done what it was intended to do, but was wearing off,so we are back to our original position and decisions. It is not fair to keep repeating the "perk you up" injections, particularly at her great age,  so we need to keep a close eye on her for the immediate future. At the first sign of pain or discomfort we ( or the vet) will have to play God, so the mood in our house is heavy, to say the least.       Cue "The wind beneath my wings" ( Bette Midler), "There's a place" and,"In my life" ,(Beatles), "Fix you" (Coldplay), "the last resort" and"Hotel California" (Eagles unplugged and live on "Hell freezes over" ),"How can I tell you" (Cat Stevens on YouTube or "The Best of". Be sure you invest in a box of tissues.
I am continuing with my daily walks, average about 2 miles. Today I managed to walk to Colston and back, using footpaths where possible. Due to the recent heavy rain and lots of it,the footpaths were somewhat muddy, requiring a major trainer clean-up on my return. I'll stick to the pavements in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment