Tuesday 13 January 2015

Yet more long and winding roads

Today was dedicated to visiting a variety of family members in various states of recovery from illness/ operations. First visit was to Marlene, near Reading, recovering from a successful operation linked to breast cancer. Travel was in brilliant sunshine but arrival was at the start of a violent thunder storm, fortunately short-lived. After lunch and dinner the plan was to move on to see daughter Chloe, very healthy but perfectly placed for our next trip to visit Nanny Weames (aged 92 )in Kingston hospital, where she currently is recovering from a minor stroke
By mid afternoon all roads around Reading were gridlocked for some unknown reason so Lynne changed plans and we are now staying with Marlene overnight with the intention of returning home in the morning.  Bang goes seeing Chloe or visiting nanny, (perhaps my last opportunity to see her), as had been previously jointly planned,but what the hell. I don't suppose anyone will visit me in hospital when I'm 92, if I'm allowed to get that far, but I refuse to let it bother me right now.
After yet another change of mind this morning after a lively debate  we ended-up visiting Nanny to assist feeding her lunch, which I found very rewarding. She was obviously pleased to see us and for the company. We called in to see Margaret and Bob on the way home in heavy rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment