Wednesday 7 January 2015

Rain,rain and more rain

To say today is wet would be a major understatement. Apart from replacing the bedside light terminated by me recently and purchasing some masking tape for the kitchen decorating there is little to report. 
It stopped raining lunchtime, allowing us to buy the lamp and gubbings without drowning. Lynne was suffering with sickness but soldiered-on regardless.
I have narrowed down why my hypo occurred a couple of nights ago. A series of unplanned encounters caused my injection/meal routine to go way off course. The type of insulin I use acts over 8 hours, thus injections should be done roughly 8 hours apart. On this occasion  the "action periods" overlapped and were not countered by properly spaced meal times, as they normally are. I'm going back to basics and a more controlled routine. At the same time I am attempting to lose half a stone I have accumulated which makes balancing insulin/exercise/foods more delicate and difficult.  Watch for later reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment