Tuesday 9 April 2013

Fits & frustration

Apologies for missing my blog yesterday. It was one of those days best forgotten about. The weather was nondescript, as was today's. Back to yesterday. I suffered several dizzy spells/blank moments/fits throughout the morning, only relieved by an afternoon in bed (sleeping). My support nurse had asked me to email her with every event related to my tumour or treatment thereof, which I did at great length. I think it fair to assume she knew I was not happy. It is a long time since I have mentioned the Watford Gap phenomena, mainly due to the fact our "new" car has no exterior thermometer, however, today as we passed it going south it started to rain. I have often wondered when BMW will start fitting indicators as standard because, with the exception of the police, no owners seem to go for the option of fitting them. My diabetic appointment went well considering we arrived on the wrong day. (Either a misunderstanding or an admin error?)A quick blood test and I was away, having spent a small fortune on the hospital car park. The nurse kindly gave me information to help me arrange my next diabetic monitoring appointment at Leicester Royal hospital. If I can move my tumour check-ups and neurology to Nottingham our trips to London should considerably reduce and real help will be on our doorstep so to speak. To say I am getting frustrated at the lack of action to reduce or eliminate my "fits" would be a major understatement, feelings shared by Lynne who has to witness them all and the aftermath. I have found the NHS are wonderful at saving lives, but seem to lose interest once that is achieved. The Royal Marsden is a major exception to this rule. No bar codes there. As a matter of interest it started raining as we passed Watford Gap on the way North, further negating my theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment