Thursday 18 April 2013

Ying Tong Diddle I Ho

Good morning from a very,very windy Leicestershire. I've decided on an early blog today hoping yesterday's has not yet encouraged any of you with a similar disposition to jump off your nearest motorway or river bridge. If you hadn't noticed I ended the day in a bad place, but things are brighter today. I awoke with "Something about Mary" and "Life of Brian" implanted in my brain with two "stuck in my head songs" courtesy of Spike Milligan (see title) and "There's a Place" by John Lennon and that other bloke (with apologies to Terry). It's all about mind over matter and me blocking out the demons. No pressure there then. On a happier note, Tardis Two is now in full working order with pristine paintwork again, so that side of things is brighter.(no pun intended) Once I owned a boat I promised myself I would not look down on hire-boaters, but that went out the window when one scraped Tardis Two moored at Stensen, (totally out of the way) looking for a water point. Fortunately Karen from Wegonandunnit vented her blue anger on the unfortunate "captain", saving me the trouble. The hire boat continued down the cut without filling it's water tank. Serves them right, bloody amateurs. We plan a weekend cruising again but the windy conditions may prevent it. But let's look on the bright side of life (another song title for today?). Our license and registration plates arrived this morning from the Canal and River Trust so we are now fully legal. The lads loved the cakes, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment