Saturday 27 April 2013

Hot doggity

Staying with my granddaughters in Chester, my sort of city, very upmarket. Working class bank managers, middle class merchant bankers, upper class friends of Richard Branson. Weather sunny but cold. Chester has lots of steps and cobbles, sometimes together. Not oldies friendly (us) or children friendly (grandchildren). Lots of history (not us). Lots of fabulous views (not us again). We are staying in a huge Edwardian house with electric gates, as you would expect. The rooms are many and huge requiring extension ladders to paint the ceilings. Despite the area being posh the local shop is a Co-Op, which makes me feel at home. I know my place. Having watched Children's Disney this morning the title song is now firmly entrenched in my brain unfortunately. Long time-no hear. Had a Co-Op dizzy spell last evening, supported by my son and a Walkers crisp display stand. Another in the shower this morning but no harm done. This is getting ridiculous. Soon I'll need a life jacket in the shower. This grandchildren thing is very time consuming and tiring, but at least we can give them back and go home sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment