Tuesday 30 April 2013

Global freezing

Sunny and almost warm this morning. Health-wise yesterday was a good day with no dizzy events at all, typical after getting a private appointment with a "local" neurologist this week, just to spend a fortune telling him I am OK. Apparently the guy has a "dry sense of humour" so hopefully we can both laugh it off. Talking of fortunes, and before you ask, I do not have a clue how we finance private treatment. The cunning plan is to see this neurologist privately first and then jump his queue for treatment under the NHS. Will it work? If not we'll have to sell the boat (hopefully at a profit)and accept conventional retirement whilst seeing the country via our free bus passes. Not exciting, but what the hell. Writing a blog from the backseat of a bus has less appeal to me, particularly as I will need to rename it "Slow bus round Britain". "I am stuck in a traffic jam on the A50 near the middle of Stoke looking at Eddie Stobart and Waitrose lorries" has less impact than "I am in a queue for lock 50 on the Shropshire Union canal in the middle of nowhere and amazing scenery". On a brighter note (excuse yet another pun) Russian scientists are now predicting the start of a new ice age. What a surprise. The earth has never before gone from being hot to cold and versa-visa, without the need for carbon overload. I've wasted my life by not being a scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment