Wednesday 3 April 2013

St. George

Blissfully sunny summer day when viewed from a warm house or car but sub-arctic when actually out in it. Having scraped ice off the car windows we set off for London at the ungodly hour of 0600. Even so we arrived for my 0900 appointment at St Georges hospital late, due to underestimating the volume of rush-hour traffic in Wimbledon and Tooting. The wisdom of moving to "the sticks" was yet again confirmed, as was our resolve never to return. In the event my appointment was considerably less than exciting as the decision was to leave my current drug regime unaltered for a further three months. If my current relative good health continues so be it, but if not an alternative to limotrigine will be tried. We had a further discussion over what actually constitutes a fit, but we left non-the-wiser. The consultant considers my dizzy and vacant spells as purely reactions to the drugs, whilst the neurologist is convinced they are fits. I have opted to agree with the consultant. My support nurse was surprisingly supportive today and will chase-up my GP for depression counselling, whilst the aforementioned cancer tumour support nurse (not mine) was once again ultra supportive and sorted out the issue of two scan appointments less than two weeks apart next month, confirmed as administrative errors. I now will have one scan next January as per original arrangements. Having spent over six hours being driven around I opted for a "fitness" walk this evening, making the most of the extra hours daylight. I discovered a recent plantation of commercial apple species in the country park, supposedly filled only with native plants. A plaque explained it is part of an award winning project by the local primary school pupils and young boy scouts to replace an historic orchard previously on the site. We,re off to see Tardis Two tomorrow, hoping to see her ready for boarding (again). Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment