Friday 15 November 2013

11 and rising

On a pain scale of 1 to 10 I awoke on an 11, for no obvious reason, other than my leg was trying to tell me something. It succeeded. The visit of my Macmillan nurse yesterday alleviated many of my concerns regarding radiotherapy and morphine addiction and she left me with lots of usefull contacts for future discussions if required. We were able to successfully deal with my extreme pain this morning within my freshly acquired morphine boundaries. Another good tip I've found for dealing with pain is a wooden spoon. I promise I did not get the idea from 50 shades of grey, but from a very, very old film called A man called Horse. Gripping the wooden spoon handle between the teeth at the height of pain seems to help. Teeth marks in our wooden spoon handles gives an indication of useage. 
I have swopped my morphine patch for a meatier version so will review the result in due course. Remember the boat, Tardis Two? We aim to visit her sometime soon to swop pontoons with a heavily pregnant lady who wishes to be nearer dry land and the car park for obvious reasons. We need a dry windless day if possible. We may need to borrow someone to steer unless my leg makes a remarkably quick recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment