Sunday 24 November 2013

Something boaty

After several months of boating inactivity I feel the urge to naughtically re-link my blog, hence this photo of theBridgewater monument in all it's autumnal glory. The duke of bridgewater was a pioneer of the canal system, his namesake still serving Manchester.  The monument can be found on a huge National Trust estate in Hertfordshire where I was born. Ironically my youngest son currently lives a stones throw from the Bridgewater canal in Manchester . It is one of our must-visit canals for the future.
Remaining on a boating theme, engineers at "our" marina will be "winterising" Tardis Two this week, basically ensuring frost and ice cannot cause damage ti vital components. On her last visit Lynne noticed the first signs of ice forming on the marina and with my leg problems not improving put plan B into operation.
However, back to the routine of hospital visits today, yawn,yawn. This one is with the consultant in charge of my leg (so to speak), and should prove interesting, particularly as I intend wheeling myself into his consulting room. A picture replaces a thousand words.

We arrived late for my appointment, chiefly down to the fact we arrived at the wrong hospital. If you want to make a mistake make a big one !  Leicester has two main hospitals, the Royal in the city centre and the General on the outskirts, about 20minutes apart if you know where you are going, which we do not. Letter headings from both hospitals are virtually identical so mistakes are easy to make ( that's our excuse ) my consultant wheeled me into his consulting room and was complimentary regarding Lynne's drug reduction programmer . My athletes foot has virtually gone ( what is the singular and plural of athletes foot ? ) otherwise the message was : use it or lose it ( my leg ) whilst healing  continues, return to normal will be a very long process.

No comments:

Post a Comment