Thursday 14 November 2013

Pain thresholds

A bright sunny day outside, whilst inside it is dark and gloomy. I always measure my pain levels on a scale of 1(low)to10 (high). Since getting out of bed it has been a constant 7 despite an army of painkillers. Having a shower is a major pain-creating excercise, as is sliding up and down stairs. No fun. I have often admired the courage of people who jump off bridges or multi-storey car parks but now realise this out-of- character courage is simply created by a set of circumstances over which you have no control. Similarly defending your family unarmed against a pride of lions. The circumstance I need to know about is my likely quality of life after radiotherapy, thus I have booked a chat with my Macmillan nurse ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment