Sunday 1 June 2014

This OAP lark is exhausting but great

Apologies for the weekend Blog break, but what a tremendous time it was. The surprise 60th birthday do for a long-term friend turned out brilliantly. It was held in a very modern rugby club venue in Cobham, far posher than you could ever imagine. Add good food and an endless bar tab, a good disco and lots of people we know, what more could you want or need?   I stayed awake till well past midnight and even managed a few dances, one fast and several slow.
The tables were turned on Sunday, my 65th birthday when I was shepherded to another surprise birthday party, only this time in Bookham and for me.
Virtually the whole family attended, plus friends and relatives, and a brilliant time was had by all. Another late night but I awoke bright and breezy (sort of) ready for a return home via a very busy M1. 
The sun shone the whole weekend and last night driving north we witnessed some classic cloud formations acting as filters for the pale yellow sun as it disappeared over the horizon.
I feel fantastic and cannot wait to set sail. 
Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday cards and/or emails and extra special heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributed to the wonderful weekend. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment