Sunday 6 January 2013

Belated 2012 review

Today is Sunday and necessarily quiet. A good time to look back over my 2012. Following forty seven years of non-stop working, some active, some sedentary, my mind and body told me it was time to pack-up, which is exactly what I did, having first ensured my son Tom could and would continue my business. At the same time I retired from rowing and league ten-pin bowling after many years and no outstanding achievements. I once had a ninth share of a shield when I formed part of a scratch mixed vets crew from Molesey and Kingston Grammar School clubs at Molesey vets regatta. Against all odds we managed to win, largely due to an extremely complex handicap system. Apart from the presentation I have not seen the magnificent shield since, but I'm sure it looks great in someone's trophy cabinet. Having formed Blind Ali ten-pin bowling team many years ago and subsequently lurking in mid-table every year we managed to win the 2011/2012 league. Again a trophy eluded me as I had moved North prior to the presentation. Therefore my trophy cabinet remains empty despite previous spells in football, badminton, bowls, tennis, table tennis and swimming (not at the same time), interspersed by diabetes, lymphoma,a mini-stroke and a brain tumour. Who says exercise is good to maintain a healthy body? For post-retirement 2012 details see my September introduction blog. All in all 2012 was a mixed year, the highlight being commencement of the boat.It certainly went out with a bang! We plan a visit to see TARDIS TWO tomorrow so should have a progress report for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment