Wednesday 14 August 2013

Rovers return

We moored near Willington last night about an hour from Stensen. We were both exhausted and I was on another planet so the plan was for an early start. The morning turned up warm and sunny, the canal looking stunningly beautiful and we made Stensen by 0845 hrs, moored just outside the marina and I announced our arrival to Dean. Apparently Eddie and Marion are off today so it should be just us and Paul to deal with our ongoing problems ( but not until tomorrow apparently as the latter was not expecting us and he is already fully booked for today). So as not to waste yet another day Lynne resorted to touching-up the boat paintwork and utilising the washing machine and the electric hook-up facilities available while I attempted to clear my head by sleeping for the afternoon, a seemingly regular occurrence these days, with little end result it has to be said. Apart from the non-welcome by MCC staff the warm welcome from other marina residents was very evident and greatly appreciated. From experience we have learned to link my stress levels with tumour activity so simple mathematics makes the  boat situation a factor in my current state, but where will the solution appear from? I wish I knew. Legal action is one possible way forward, but at increased stress? Being alive with a working boat is one thing but what is the worth of a working boat when dead? I think I already know the answer to that, although it does little to reduce the senses of frustration and anger suffered.

No comments:

Post a Comment